Saturday, July 22, 2006

My only complaints

1. When I ride the bus they blast music that I do not enjoy at full volume, thus forcing me to turn up my iPod in order to have the Wu Tang Clan battle for control of my eardrums and sanity.
2. When riding on said bus, they will pack it with people in the aisle and thus at any given time, there is a butt in my face.
3. People that stand in front of a bathroom and demand a mere 15 cents for entry, which is not so bad, if it were not both flooded and I am forced to do the old "squat and shake".

Other than that, all is well. I enjoyed kicking back at the beach in Canoa for a few days and found it hard to leave. Here are some pictures of where I stayed.



Last night I took a bus from Canoa to Quito and from Quito to Tena which is where I am currently residing. So if I am a bit testy about the bus, it is because I spent about 16 hours on them. Tena, six hours southeast of Quito, is called the "green heart of the Amazon" and is a city built so tourists such as my self can check out the jungle. Tomorrow I will be going on a trek for a few days but I am opting for the one with hot water and electricity. I love camping and all but under certain circumstances, these things are a must.

3 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea you were such a gifted writer Heather. Ever consider a career change...?

-Ty

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Aimee said...

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn 16 hours with an ass in your face, I'd be a little testy myself!

 
At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd rather have an ass in my face and do what you are doing then be sitting here at a desk all day. I'm enjoying your adventure. ~mkb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home